Resources for Your Marriage:
- Abstinence and Marriage: (See also Abstinence and Marriage Education Partnership for mission statement.) Contact Scott Phelps 224-735-3628
- Abstinence and Marriage Education Partnership (A&M) – “A&M is advancing a movement that inspires hope for a healthy future marriage. Scott Phelps began A&M in 2004 with the goal of reaching every teenager with a positive presentation about the benefits of abstinence, and instruction on preparing for a healthy marriage.” (See also Abstinence and Marriage)
- Cana Vox – CanaVox hosts reading groups to study and discuss the beauty of marriage as one man, one woman, for life.
- Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission – 12 Observations After Reading ‘The Porn Phenomenon‘” – How would you define “pornography?” Why do people choose to access pornography? What affect do you think pornography has on you personally? On your church? On your country? These were the kinds of questions that drove Josh McDowell to partner with the Barna Research group to survey “nearly 3,000 U.S. teens, adults and Protestant youth and senior pastors about their perceptions . . . use . . . and feelings about . . . pornography.” The summary of their findings was published in a 150-page study called The Porn Phenomenon.
- National Organization for Marriage – “We work to defend marriage and the faith communities that sustain it at the local, state, and national levels. We do this by working with legislators, by informing voters when they head to the ballot box, and by giving marriage a voice in courts of law as well as in the court of public opinion.”
- National Marriage Week USA (February 7 – February 14) – “A collaborative campaign to strengthen individual marriages, reduce the divorce rate, and build a stronger marriage culture, which in turn helps curtail poverty and benefits children.”
- Marriage and Relationships (Focus on the Family) – “Focus on the Family is a global Christian ministry dedicated to helping families thrive. We provide help and resources for couples to build healthy marriages that reflect God’s design, and for parents to raise their children according to morals and values grounded in biblical principles.”
- Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage – “When Mark Gungor conducted his first marriage seminar, he did so for one reason—because somebody had to do it, and no one else was reaching the couples in his area. The enthusiastic response he received from his first audience was just the tip of the iceberg. Today, he is one of the most sought-after international speakers on marriage and family.”
- Wholehearted Marriage – “We are passionate to equip premarital and married couples with the knowledge, skills and insights necessary to enjoy a lifetime together. So, regardless of if you are preparing for marriage, or if your marriage is good and you just want to make it better, or if you are hurting and feel hopeless, we are here to help you feel refreshed and enjoy stronger, healthier, and more satisfying relationships that will have a positive effect on your family for generations.”
- Protecting Marriage (CitizenLink) – “CitizenLink is a family advocacy organization that inspires men and women to live out biblical citizenship that transforms culture. As a public policy partner of Focus on the Family, we provide resources that equip citizens to make their voices heard on critical social policy issues involving the sanctity of human life, the preservation of religious liberties and the well-being of the family as the building block of society.”
- Date Night Challenge (book) – “Take the date night challenge, and bring fun back into your marriage again! Build romance into your marriage and get to know your spouse, by following these inexpensive, easy, yet creative ideas for dates. Discover dating again in your marriage! Learn how to date your mate with this great little book of ideas. With concepts based off of the Focus on the Family event, “The Date Night Challenge,” find out how everyday activities can become dates, and how to proactively and intentionally build your marriage relationship. Targeted at couples of all ages and stages, and includes a chapter with ideas for engaged couples also.”
- marriResearch – “The Marriage and Religion Research Institute is dedicated to making available the social science data and research on the impact of marriage and religious practice on the lives of children and the future of the nation.”
- MARRIpedia – “MARRIpedia is an online social science encyclopedia on all matters related to family, marriage, religion, and sexuality….. MARRIpedia is an important resource for any student, parent, policy maker, reporter or blogger who wants to become an informed and proactive player in improving society.”
Disclaimer: links to sites not controlled by Wisconsin Family Council do not necessarily imply our endorsement or recommendation of the organization.