You are cordially invited to a special pastors-only workshop hosted by
The Brushfires Foundation and Wisconsin Family Council’s Church Ambassador Network
The Gospel and Sexuality
(a pastors-only workshop)
A Workshop to Strengthen the Church’s Response to the Sexual Crisis of Our Age
Thursday, September 26, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Jensen Community Center
487 N. Main St.
Amherst, Wisconsin 54406
A nominal registration fee of $10 will cover materials provided as well as a continental breakfast and box lunch.
At this half-day event, pastors will learn:
- More about the sexual brokenness facing individuals and families both within and outside the Church today;
- More effective language and strategies to address the shifting landscape of sexuality in our culture;
- How to effectively and appropriately communicate a biblical view of human sexuality in your congregation;
- How to normalize conversation in your church about God’s design for sexuality; and
- How to leverage the work you are already doing by moving toward a holistic approach to sexual wholeness.
Pastors will leave with greater confidence and peace about the process of leading their congregation toward sexual wholeness.
The Gospel and Sexuality is divided into three working sessions combining a short presentation with group discussion and supporting handouts. Pastors will have an opportunity to share their current concerns and collectively brainstorm effective responses to such challenging issues as same-sex attraction, transgenderism, pornography use, sexually active youth, and more.
This event is sponsored by and will be facilitated by Daniel Weiss, founder and president of the Brushfires Foundation, and the Church Ambassador Network of Wisconsin Family Council.