Common Core State Standards
According to Truth in American Education:
The National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) together formed the Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSSI) to develop a set of academic standards to be used in common across all states. The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are a set of learning standards in English language arts (ELA) and mathematics. These standards, if adopted by a state, will replace existing state standards in these subject areas.
Resources Regarding Common Core State Standards
- The Dangers of Federal Power in Education – Lecture by Family Research Council
- Common Core and the Constitution – Family Research Council
- Common Core: Education Without Representation – Lecture by Heritage Foundation
- Common Core: How We Got Here and Where We Are Headed – Lecture by Heritage Foundation
- Common Core Rejected by States – Eagle Forum Education Reporter
- Interactive Map of states that have adopted CCSS – EAGNews
- Education Without Representation; Video series and parent information – Focus on the Family
- Common Core State Standards Initiative – view and download
- Common Core Facts – compiled by Dr. Sandra Stotsky (Pioneer Institute)
- Common Core State Standards – Truth in American Education
- Common Core: The Government’s Classroom – Family Research Council
- What is the Common Core? – Home School Legal Defense Association, HLDA
Posts about Common Core:
2014 | December 23 Governor Walker changing course on Common Core?
2014 | April 09 – Germantown, Wisconsin School District: Common Core Out the Door
2014 | Week of March 31 – #1039 Unless something odd happens, the current state legislative session is over this week. Unless the Governor convenes a special session or the legislature calls for an extraordinary session, the legislators will go home this week and begin campaigning for the fall elections.
2013 | Week of December 30 – #1026 For years the Marines told us they were looking for a few good men. Someone else has said, “Everything rises or falls on leadership.” Thinking about the next few months as we close out this current state legislative session, we might combine and paraphrase those two statements […]
2013 | Week of December 09 – #1023 When the issue of Common Core State Standards came to the surface a year or so ago, like many other Wisconsin citizens, I wondered how it had happened that state academic standards had been adopted and basically no one knew about it.
2013 | December 09 – Listen Online